Thursday, October 16, 2008

FAST DASH!!!!

I decided to go to Target to get Gavin's picture taken for Halloween!! I had a coupon I got in the mail for like $3.99 a sheet!! I took Gavin and he was so excited to go put on his Dash costume. As soon as he steps in the room and sees the lady that is taking the pictures, all of a sudden he becomes extremely shy!!! He wouldn't even look at the girl, he wouldn't even stand there by himself, he was being the biggest stinker ever. We tried everything, bribing him, showing him candy, nothing worked. She got in some shots but not many. He kept yelling "I'M MAD"!! We finally decided to stop, he absolutely would not cooperate. Then we started taking off the costume and he screamed, and want to try again, so we put him back up there and he yells and runs away. Can I just say, what a nightmare, I was so glad Joe was there with me!!

The nightmare continued!! I went to go look at the pictures, and there were a couple cute ones, but not great. I stared at them for awhile, and then decided to pick out the ones I wanted and how many. I tell her about my coupon, and she tells me you can't use coupons on special event days!! I was about ready to scream at this point. I told her why didn't they tell me that today was a special event day, and I couldn't use coupons!! So, I looked at the special event prices and the cheapest was like $100, are you kidding me!! Like I am going to spend that much on a halloween picture, and they didn't even turn out that great!! I got so mad and left!! What a waste of my time!! I wasted and hour, was mad at target, and still angry with the way Gavin acted!! When we got home I made Gavin get dressed back up in his costume, so I could take pictures myself. He was like a whole different person, as you can see in these pictures!!










Dash running as fast as he can!!

12 comments:

Kimmers said...

As much as you experience was a nightmare, the pics you took are awesome!!! He is so cute.

Meredith said...

Those pics crack me up!! I would have been fuming mad and probably turning bright red if I had found out that after all that hassle they wouldn't accept my coupon!! What was Joe doing the whole time?

So I tagged you on my blog for husband tag :) It took me forever to finish it, have fun!

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Oh my!!! I am sorry you had such a horrible experience at Target, you always do, what's up with that!? Anyway, I was busting up laughing at the pictures of Gavin!! LOVE them!!! Ethan had to see them, and he really liked them too!! He looks so cute in that costume!! It reminds me of when Ethan wore it!! Your pictures you took look really cute, and they were free, so even better!! Tell Dash that Ethan says HI! Oh, and by the way, you need to get on facebook!!

Heidi said...

So sorry! I love to do our pictures at Target because of the price, but sometimes they do make me want to scream! The ones you took are so cute though!

Myranda, Shaun and Anna said...

Too funny! In the end it made for a good story and you got some cute free pics of Dash.

McDermaid Fam said...

Kinlee does the same thing when I take her to get her pictures taken...it's always a joke. you should bring his costume wednesday night, maybe we could sneak a few shots of him in it... oh yah, walmart has really cute halloween borders, if you use their kodak machine to print your pics you can add a way cute halloween border to them... see you wednesday. can we shoot for 6:15? the sun sets around 6:45 and i want to get plenty of pics before thay happens.

Jack & Rosie said...

That is awful, but at least you got some cute pictures of him in the end. I love his costume!

Lyns said...

That costume is the cutest thing ever! I saw him running around in it the other night. I had to come and find your blog since you guys were talking about it today! :) Thanks for the fun time!

Meredith said...

...so I'm up to 11,000 hits on my blog LOL It's gotta be wrong! I know I'm not that popular!

Am-Biance said...

What a cutie pie!! Darling pic's of him and I love the pic's of California. Looks like you had a great time :)

I am so bummed I missed the jean party, totally spaced it...Typical me..We need to get together!!! Let's do lunch girl!

Jennica said...

Ahhhh....that made me frustrated and I wasn't even there, I guess all moms can just relate so well to those nightmare experiences and FEEL eachother's pain. I am sorry that happened, but the pics you took are probably better anyways!

Mel said...

He is so stinkin' cute! So are you and Joe going to be Mom and Dad Incredible?